Monday, November 14, 2011

Day One - Dear Diary, Mushrooms are gross!

Just an experiment to see if I can generate a few new ideas.  Since I've been back in school, things have felt bit hectic and out of control.  Thought this might be an opportunity to spend a few minutes of each day focussed on nothing but creative nonsense to release some of the daily craziness thats been caged up for a while now. 

It's nothing fancy.  You don't need to buckle up.  It'll most likely be a ten second doodle of my favorite professor.  Probably not even that.  You might as well not even come back.  Oh, brother...this is pointless.......what am I doing.  It's 11o'clock.  I should go to bed.  ........

Hang on.........let me just find something really quick.  hang on ........
................................I said "hang on"!
man!


K, this is cheating...this is from last week when I started this idea for the doodle diary.  This is more than just my initial doodles, but it's not exactly a finished work of art either.  I'll post what I did anyway.





"Ew...mushrooms!"

My ingeniously incripted artist's statement here is that mushrooms even managed to ruin this poor kid's slop.
I don't like mushrooms.  But that's just me.  I know, respect, and even feel a deep sense of love and confusion towards some people who think they like to eat mushrooms.  But they're confused....and I'm sorry for that.
I mean I'm not sorry that I said that...I'm sorry that they're confused I mean.   Not because I said that.  Cuz they are.  Gross I mean.
...Not the people I love...I mean the mushrooms....They're gross.


I completely love the people.  They're awesome.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe I did marinate those pork chops a little too long! ha ha! I LOVE Stan Willis' Doodle Diary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of my children! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I always knew your kids were brilliant, Shannon, - with impecable taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this new blog of yours! I'm so excited to read the things that go on in your head...oh, and see the doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! So excited to see what comes next. I actually LOOOVE mushrooms...

    ReplyDelete